Friday, October 26, 2012

It's Been One Week

After this sentence I'm just going to completely ignore the fact that I haven't posted since May, and I'm going to need you to do that also. Thank you very much.
So, this week has been a little adventure. Finally nailed down my outside scene for Christmas mini sessions, got the first edition of Click magazine which I LOVE, got a price quote on a studio, was forced to order my first set of studio lighting (that little adventure will be documented in gruesome detail), met with the OWNER of A MAGAZINE who wants me, ME, me? to be a photographer for her publication, and quite possibly put a woman in pre-term labor. And the week is not quite over. Watch out.
    Lets begin with the good news. The mini sessions. I haven't gotten my inside scene figured out in my head yet. And we may not have one unless it rains. But the outside scene. (Read the following in the voice of Sophia from The Golden Girls) Picture it, Broxton, 2012. A clearing in a wooded area. An antique iron bed with dreamy white bedding. Giant snowflakes hanging overhead. Bedside table with milk and cookies. Cute little people dressed in their cute little pajamas for a Night Before Christmas theme. I am ready to do this NOW. So, if you're signed up for the mini sessions now you know you need pjs. I will be sending that email out soon.
    On to the next event. Last year I was honored to be asked to photograph Douglas First Baptist's Pirates, Princesses and Pancakes event. The told me I'd be doing the event with another photographer from a neighboring county. Uh-oh. Introvert alert. Would she be nice? Would she think I was a total nincompoop (I'm pretty sure that is spelled TOTALLY wrong), would she work well with others, namely red headed others named Amber? Pshh. What was I worried about? Turned out, I made a great friend out of that partnership and we were going to get to partner up again for the event this year, which begins tonight. I got an awful call from her on Wednesday to let me know her mom is having some serious health issues and she wouldn't be able to photograph the event with me. I'm not going to make her pain and anxiety over her mom about me, so I will talk about the horrible lights in another post. Just know I am a natural light photographer for a reason and me and these lights do NOT get along. Until they are set up then they make my pictures beautiful, but totally not worth the trouble.
     Looks like I'm going to have to keep them around though. Figuring out my next step on this journey of mine is causing some anxiety. To rent or not to rent? I priced a huge "storage" building that I could put in my backyard for a studio, but ugh I just don't know what to do?!? Pray, pray, pray. We'll see.
    And yes. A magazine owner called me. Little ol' me. (Well, not so much, physically, but you know what I mean.) Loves my pictures and wanted to meet with me about photographing for her magazine. What the WHAT?!? How am I supposed to process that one?! More details on this as it develops. (EEK!)
    I had a maternity shoot on Tuesday with a beautiful expecting mommy who's been on bed rest. I had her trekking through the woods. Bed rest. Laying in the grass. BED REST. Yeah. She had the baby Thursday morning. Oops. No worries everyone is fine and I will be sharing some newborn pictures very soon. :) Here's the beautiful mommy who didn't mind her doctor. ;)

Now, time to clean this filthy (yes) house and get ready to meet with a bride to discuss next weekend's wedding! Peace out. ;)
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment