Monday, April 2, 2012

The Reason Why...

      So, I decided to blog. Now, where do I start. I've kept putting it off because I simply do not know what to say. Do I talk about how much I love my "job" of photography? Do I admit my fears and divulge my secret battle of constantly comparing my work to others? Do I rant about how snobby the photog community is and how newbies have to fight their way through the endless sea of jpeg vs. raw, photoshop vs. everything else, nikon vs. canon, natural light vs. artificial, yada yada yada? Should I give tips and advice?
      So, I'll do it all. I will rant, I will gloat, I will whine and I will share. I won't however be consistent. Nope. Not in me. As an artist I have no ability to be an organized, highly evolved responsible adult.It's just not in there anywhere. Believe me, my mother and my husband both have wished it was for years.
      So you won't see a blog post at x time everyday. You may hear from me three times next Wednesday. On the other hand, you may be lucky to get three a week. Because I'm a wife. And a mommy. And a lot of times life gets in the way of my plans. But that's okay, cause this is my tiny little corner of this universe called the internet and I will use it as I see fit.
And today I see fit to talk about my babies. My 5 year old chatterbox, Jakson and my pretty-as-a-princess 6 month old, Lila. They are my inspiration. Lila's that beauty looking up at you in the pearls and pink. She's a bit camera shy so I have to get creative with her poses.

Jakson has been a ham from the beginning. He loves the camera and it loves him right back times a million. Here's my little poser without any urging from me.
They make my heart grin, and without them I wouldn't be taking this leap into the photography world at all. I would never have discovered this love for making moments into memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment